Wednesday, May 5, 2010

People Need People/People Change

I have come to the realization that as independent as
i may want to be i will always eventually need help.
Help from people stronger than me
smarter than me,
sometimes in a better mood than me,
and of course God.
This recently came up in my life, and i have found out that there are some truly wonderful people in this world,
For example:
My tutor and friend Katie.
She very selflessly agreed to helping me with my calculus.
and so
my last test grade was a 87!!!
And another example,
Kevin has just moved into his apartment, and we have people who have given him almost a whole furniture set, and a futon from another.
I mean when anyone is starting off its just helpful to know that some people are genuinely there for you and hope you succeed.
My friend Demetrius helped me unloft my bed, a task that would have taken me hours.
All these people i mention have just been so up for helping, it makes me want to cry to think God has given me such wonderful people in my life.
And as i was thinking about all of mine and Kevins blessings, i couldnt help but wonder whether or not i would be right there just as willing to help out if asked...
I would like to think so...
I cant be a calculus tutor, obviously,
i cant help people with strength needed tasks
and i dont have furniture to give to people...
but there are ways i can help!
i wont list them, but
there are ways EVERYONE can help eachother
People need people.
Even getting married,
thats what wedding showers
and house showers
and baby showers
are for!
some things just cant be done alone.
and its good to understand that.
Sometime we just need a level head to talk to about things going on
Thats my wonderful mom.
She gives the best practical advice!
Also, people change.
I'm sure we have all known people
who we go way back with ,
and dont see for quite a while
and the next time we meet them
they are completely different from what we remember.
Am I right?
People change, sometimes right in front of us
my problem is that I feel like everything should always stay the way it used to be. so when i see this kind of change, its a little down-heartening for me.
unless the change is one for the better, but im mostly referring to the opposite.
anyway ive been thinking about that lately and altho it is hard to deal with for me sometimes, I cant really do anything about it except be the same old me.
Ive changed too.
This first year in college has aged me in more than one way.
And im sure there are people who when they see me notice my change.
But i can honestly hope that its not bad.
Change is inevitable.
No matter how hard you try to stay,
its all around you
all the time.
I didnt mean for these two blogs to contradict eachother if u think so.
They are just two of the many thoughts that have been floating around in my brain of late.
I just decided to put them together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment