Thursday, April 22, 2010

it may seem like it at the moment, but its not the end of the world.

does anyone else worry about grades?isnt that what were taught to do our entire lives? that to be able to make it in the world, we must do good in high school college and graduate school, so we can have decent jobs. i mean with that kind of pressure on us id say that yes, when i see a bad grade i cower in fear for a while, about how my future could possibly pan out now.
I made a 40 on my calculus test.
not only is that what i consider an undesirable grade but it absolutley mortified me! i seriously almost cried guys. thank heavens my teacher drops the lowest test grade. im just going to have to start buckling down and hitting the books!i still havent told my mom by the way. :]
but im chill now, although, allow me to further educate u on what all rides on passing this class.
Apps regulation is that all transfers must have at least 30 credit hours (for a sophmore) and a GPA of 3.0 before i can even go there. so i need to make a good grade because if i fail it will put me at 27 credit hours, and no telling my GPA, PLUS my mother has kindly paid the fee for reserving a seat, which is no small price.
its time to get serious.
college is alot different than highschool
for example, my calc teacher doesnt take up home work, so its hard to motivate myself to do the homework since i know there wont be any immediate consequences to it. but let me tell you the long term consequences are FAR WORSE.
so if you are a horrible procrastinator like i am, get it together!because altho life is great, the economy is a race for survival, and those who survive, usually have degrees.
wow that was a harsh analogy lol but you know what i mean. i am in the process of self discipline to do my homework, it really is for my own benefit.i think i will start going to the library immediately after class so i wont forget about it.
good plan.
lets see how this works, but for now all i know is that i have to pass calc.
which is sad that one class could potentially be my demise, almost.
other than that im alright :) Kevin and I are registered at three places, and i know we will be fine! he moves in next weekend, to his apartment, and shortly after this school year will be over, and i will have a job to raise money for various needs, including a honeymoon! i have several ideas in mind, and not enough space and time to put them into action. but i feel confident that my God will take care of me, he always has, and i dont think he will ever stop, there have been times when i thought my life was ending, but then i realize that hey, its not the end of the world.... (although if it was that would be ok since heaven is awesome!ive heard)

No comments:

Post a Comment